1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

J bass w/ P bass pickups -- Pickguard question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Procunier, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Procunier

Procunier

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    Hello everyone. I own a Hoppus signature Jazz. Love it. the ONLY thing i want to be able to do with it is have the ability to have the chrome control plate like other Jazzes. For those who know, the Hoppus is a J with P pickups. I would like to be able to use the original pickguard, which is a 1 piece in white pearl, as well as swap it for a regular Jazz style pickguard with the chrome control plate. Does anyone know what I would have to do to tackle this one?? As for the control plate having 3 or 4 holes, It doesnt really matter (mine only has a vol. knob. 2 holes)

Thanks much.

2. Procunier

Procunier

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    bump? :hyper:

3. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I think Warmoth has a Jazz pickguard with for a P pickup. In fact, I think there was a picture somewhere of a Hoppus bass with a different pickguard and the standard metal control plate.

4. Procunier

Procunier

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    Very nice! Ill check that out.

Thank you very much!