1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J. Oliver Custom Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JamesDanOliver, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JamesDanOliver

JamesDanOliver

Mar 12, 2013
    Hello

Firstly, this is my first post so id like to thank anyone who takes the time to read.

:bassist:

I started project that turned into a hobby when i bought a jazz bass body off a friend... and there was some work to be done!... so i got onto doing my research and buying the parts i needed.

It was quite straight forward on my first project, all i had to do was buy new parts... I purchased a beautiful maple neck online, and also with hardware. very easy to get my hands on. primer, spray paint and lacquer i got from a local auto motive shop.

I have attached photos of the completed guitar.

and now I have recently started a small business from home, in the UK, building and customizing guitars and bass guitars. if anyone is on Facebook, please take a look at my page and see some of the builds and customization i will be doing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/J-Oliver-Custom-Guitars/511422912227548

Please let me know what you think. I appreciate all kinds of feedback.

Again, please feel free to check out my Facebook page.

Thanks!

Jay

Attached Files:

2. You need a business model and something that sets your guitars apart from other Fender clones. Right now all I see are the same parts basses that I have assembled from Ebay orders. Maybe a distinct headstock design and logo?

I don't know about trademark and copyright laws between USA and UK but what about that Fender headstock? Pretty sure you can't copy that design.

3. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    You also need to build 5 string basses. We need more 5 string P basses. I do anyways!