1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

J pickup location on a P/J

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toneman, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    Does anyone know if the jazz pickup on a Lakland Bob Glaub P/J is located in the 60's or 70's Fender position. I know on the Mike Lull P/J it's in the 70's era spot (closer to bridge) and on old fender hot rod P/J it was the 60's spot. I'm curious where it is on the Lakland and Sadowski P/J. I ask because I'm having my american standard P turned into a P/J and I'm not quite sure where to put the route although at this point I'm leaning toward the 60's spot which is a little closer to the neck for more warmth.

2. lakland (typical ones in stores) and sadowsky metros are in 60's position ... i was in the market for something-along-those-lines a year ago and played a bunch...both great companies... sadowsky nyc is all custom so they'll do whatever you want. i'm sure lakland usa is the same.

i'll also say that you are taking about two different beasts... just the way they are voiced create enough differences, pickup placement aside