J Pickup Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by djddanman, May 13, 2018.

1. djddanman

djddanman

May 2, 2018
    I recently bought a new MIM Standard Jazz and I want to try out different pickups. I've been looking at SD Quarter Pounders and Hot Jazz and I'm wondering what everyone would recommend, or if you have other recommendations (for under $150 for the set) I'd love to hear them! I mostly play classic rock, with a little modern rock and pop.

2. saabfender

saabfender Inactive

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I use Fender Noiseless Jazz pups. I find they are voiced really close to the stock single coils so the bass keeps sounding like itself.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    For a MIM Jazz, I would probably go Dimarzio. DP249 Area J for vintage, DP123 Model J for a little fatter and aggressive Rock tone, or DP149 Ultra Jazz for a little more modern tone. And, they’re all hum-canceling.

4. djddanman

djddanman

May 2, 2018
    As in a hum canceling set or stacks?

5. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    Each pickup is a side by side split coil, not stacked. I like the dimarzio as well. I’m sure there are many J extensive J pickups threads as everyone has their favourites.

6. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
  7. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Each pickup is hum-canceling individually.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022