1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

J-Retro 01 preamp. BLACK Finish, Mint Condition! *Price Drop!*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ElBajista, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Up for grabs is a Black J-retro 01 drop-in preamp for Jazz Basses.

You don't see many of these around with the stealthy all-black finish. Much better looking than the all-chrome J-retro preamps, IMO.

I bought this preamp a while ago, but the little prongs that the pickup leads solder to had broken off, so I sent it to Mr. John East for repair.

So now instead of those pesky "eye-of-the-needle" prongs for pickup lead attachment, there are sturdy screw clamps for quicker and cleaner installation. Simply slide the wire into the slot, and tighten the screw shut. Took me a whole 10 minutes to install, and that included heating up the soldering iron and desoldering pickups from the passive harness.

I just got it back 2 days ago, and realized that as great of a preamp as it is, I prefer my Jazz bass in passive mode. Works absolutely perfectly, just not my thing. Not a ding or scratch on it, It's completely Mint!!

Trades:
    Hit me up with any offer!

Price:
    These usually go for $315 + shipping anywhere I've looked. For a good-as-new preamp that was just repaired and evaluated by John East himself, I'm looking for $239 + shipping in the continental 48. If buyer pays with paypal, buyer pays fees.

I prefer paypal, but I also accept Money Orders or even personal checks, although there will be a wait time to clear the check.

Photos to come!

2. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
  3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    This is a really great preamp. It's Extremely versatile due to the selectable midrange boost/cut (150Hz - 3kHz) and what I think is the most unique feature, a switch designed to have both pickups running at 100% WITHOUT tone or volume loss. It will really liven up any bass, or improve the already present good qualities of any Jazz.

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Deal Pending!

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Traded! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.