Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J Retro FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pmkelly, Feb 23, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have a used J retro that I just got about a week ago from a fellow tb'er... turns out that it isn't my cup of tea! So I sending it back out on it's way around the world... give it a good home!

As far as trades, I am really interested in either the Aguilar or the Sadowsky outboard preamp. I would use the money that I got for this to get a preamp anyway, so a trade is preferable. But I am always open to suggestions... So let me know what you have to trade!

The j retro is in very good condition, and works great! the only thing it is missing is one of the retaining nuts from a switch, but it is solidly attached to the board...

The asking price is 150$

P@

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    sold

P@

3. Basssy

Basssy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Hey pm

Retro didn't work in the Joe Osborn huh?

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah, I would've had to carve out the cavity some... and I din't want to do that. I did have it in another bass for a little while, and I just didn't really get into the sound, plus there is just to many knobs! I like it simple.... too much going on!

P@

5. Basssy

Basssy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    i hear ya man. I did'nt care for the sound I got with the Retro much either