1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J Retro FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pmkelly, Feb 23, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have a used J retro that I just got about a week ago from a fellow tb'er... turns out that it isn't my cup of tea! So I sending it back out on it's way around the world... give it a good home!

As far as trades, I am really interested in either the Aguilar or the Sadowsky outboard preamp. I would use the money that I got for this to get a preamp anyway, so a trade is preferable. But I am always open to suggestions... So let me know what you have to trade!

The j retro is in very good condition, and works great! the only thing it is missing is one of the retaining nuts from a switch, but it is solidly attached to the board...

The asking price is 150$

P@

2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    sold

P@

3. Basssy

Basssy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Hey pm

Retro didn't work in the Joe Osborn huh?

4. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah, I would've had to carve out the cavity some... and I din't want to do that. I did have it in another bass for a little while, and I just didn't really get into the sound, plus there is just to many knobs! I like it simple.... too much going on!

P@

5. Basssy

Basssy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    i hear ya man. I did'nt care for the sound I got with the Retro much either