Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J-Retro in my Fender Am. Jazz...need repair!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stingray56funk, May 11, 2005.

1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hey Guys, for all of you who have a J-Retro...this pre is awesome might I say! I just got the bass in shipment w/ the J-Retro installed and it sounds great but there is a problem. The midrange pot shaft has come completely out of the pot and thus the pot needs to be replaced. The problem is that the pots on this incredible pre are epoxy coated and my guitar tech can't get to the pots to figure out what he needs to do. Have any of you needed to get your J-Retro repaired and does anyone know of an J-Retro endorsed american repair shop that can handle my problem? I checked the J-Retro website and to no avail...no info on repair. I also emailed John East the designer and he hasn't emailed me back. I need some help!!!

2. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    The best way to get help/info on a j-retro would be to go to www.thedudepit.com and ask in the j-retro forum. I've found some really helpful folks there. Good luck. The retro definitely is a sweet pre. I don't know how I got along without one for so long.