1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J-retro Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tyburn, Feb 23, 2001.

1. JUST TALKING TO DAVE SIFF ABOUT HIS MODDED J BASS,, I'VE NEARLY EVERYTHING HE HAS EXCEPT THE J RETRO,, SO WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK ABOUT IT,, GOOD REVIEWS

AND USES, ALSO THE BEST PRICE AROUND FOR THEM

HOW MUCH DID U PAY ??

2. jasmedia

jasmedia

Feb 4, 2001
    I have one for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm also interested as how they sound. I have a bass w/an Aguilar OBP-1 Pre-Amp & I was wondering if anyone has both or has tried both.

4. yeah, what are the Augliar pre amps like , they sell tham at the jam here in carlisle

how big r they,, sort of gone off the idea of the j retro,, poo

might just get another bass,, fancy a spector now,,

hey nino i'll fight u for one of yours,, u've got too many,,, where'd u get all your cash from man!

hey once i've got my degree i'll still be poor but i've have a load of basses

:oops:

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The OBP-1 is a little bigger than a 9 volt battety. It sounds GREAT!!!!

You could never have too many Spectors. I'm thinking in the future to get a 6. The only one I'll fight you for is the NS-2000 5Q!!!! :D Cause if I lose I won't be @ such a financial lose.

I don't have a lot of cash!!!! I wish I did, I'd have a nice NS-6XL right now!!!!

I got 2 when I worked @ Sam Ash.

One was used for $1500. Trans-Orange NS-2

The other was new @ a discount of $2400. It took Stuart 9 month to make it so I put depositd on it weekly. White NS-4

The 5 string I got off eBay for $1500. I sold a couple of basses to get that one. Natural NS-5 (not XL)

I didn't have to lay out alot of cash cause I sold some basses to buy the Spectors. :)

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  7. yeah i mentioned your name ,, i do fancy getting the j retro or something similar in the future, at the moment i'm trying to improve and save before i can geta new bass,, probably a 5 but until then i'm upgrading everything on my j except the neck body and string retainging button

it's better than buying a Usa standard which here cost £600 more!!!!!!! and then wanting to improve it

i'm my opinion and others i've got a much better bass than i could have bought of over 1k and it's cost me about £300 on top of what i've paid for it

plus i've learnt alot from doing it and asking u guys before i did any thing,,, now i just have to get that earth fixed or it shielded,, still don't know what it is

stu

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Hey Stu,

If you're in the UK or anywhere in Europe you can get more info on the J-Retro on the manufacturer's website at:
    http://home.freeuk.net/epro/