Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J-retro Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tyburn, Feb 23, 2001.

1. JUST TALKING TO DAVE SIFF ABOUT HIS MODDED J BASS,, I'VE NEARLY EVERYTHING HE HAS EXCEPT THE J RETRO,, SO WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK ABOUT IT,, GOOD REVIEWS

AND USES, ALSO THE BEST PRICE AROUND FOR THEM

HOW MUCH DID U PAY ??

2. jasmedia

jasmedia

Feb 4, 2001
    I have one for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm also interested as how they sound. I have a bass w/an Aguilar OBP-1 Pre-Amp & I was wondering if anyone has both or has tried both.

4. yeah, what are the Augliar pre amps like , they sell tham at the jam here in carlisle

how big r they,, sort of gone off the idea of the j retro,, poo

might just get another bass,, fancy a spector now,,

hey nino i'll fight u for one of yours,, u've got too many,,, where'd u get all your cash from man!

hey once i've got my degree i'll still be poor but i've have a load of basses

:oops:

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The OBP-1 is a little bigger than a 9 volt battety. It sounds GREAT!!!!

You could never have too many Spectors. I'm thinking in the future to get a 6. The only one I'll fight you for is the NS-2000 5Q!!!! :D Cause if I lose I won't be @ such a financial lose.

I don't have a lot of cash!!!! I wish I did, I'd have a nice NS-6XL right now!!!!

I got 2 when I worked @ Sam Ash.

One was used for $1500. Trans-Orange NS-2

The other was new @ a discount of $2400. It took Stuart 9 month to make it so I put depositd on it weekly. White NS-4

The 5 string I got off eBay for $1500. I sold a couple of basses to get that one. Natural NS-5 (not XL)

I didn't have to lay out alot of cash cause I sold some basses to buy the Spectors. :)

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  7. yeah i mentioned your name ,, i do fancy getting the j retro or something similar in the future, at the moment i'm trying to improve and save before i can geta new bass,, probably a 5 but until then i'm upgrading everything on my j except the neck body and string retainging button

it's better than buying a Usa standard which here cost £600 more!!!!!!! and then wanting to improve it

i'm my opinion and others i've got a much better bass than i could have bought of over 1k and it's cost me about £300 on top of what i've paid for it

plus i've learnt alot from doing it and asking u guys before i did any thing,,, now i just have to get that earth fixed or it shielded,, still don't know what it is

stu

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Hey Stu,

If you're in the UK or anywhere in Europe you can get more info on the J-Retro on the manufacturer's website at:
    http://home.freeuk.net/epro/