1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J-Retro - Read Further

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by fretlessrock, Apr 11, 2009.

1. One upon a time, in a galaxy far away... (I am estimating 4 years, but it could be more... back in the golden days of the DudePit... you do the math)

I bought a J-Bass with an J-retro installed. Everything worked fine but the original owner was a hack with a soldering iron. I clipped the leads, and rebuilt that J as a VVT passive bass. I planned on cleaning up the outputs on this thing and put it back in the box. Well, it never happened and I had forgotten that I even had it until last week. I really thought it was an empty box! I picked the box up to use to ship something and VIOLA!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, if you are interested in a minty J-retro, that needs a little TLC on the output connections, here's your huckleberry. If you want me to do the work and put a set of extension leads onto the outputs, I'll do it. But this is the kind of thing where I would rather let it go as-is. bear in mind that you will want to heatsink the leads when doing any soldering of pickups to them. Or... you could take this smokin' deal and see if John East will fix it up for you.

$125 shipped in ConUS. PayPal is OK.

Pete

2. Currently on hold, pending surgery!

:eek:

3. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Even with a little "love" needed ... That's a SUPER Price!!!

4. The patient recovered fully! Sold.

5. Dang I wouldve bought that in a sec. Thatsa 5 min soldering job.