J-Retro Stomp!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Jan 20, 2003.

1. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, I have a Fender Geddy Bass and i want to give it a bit more kick. Do u think a J-Retro Stomp box would give me a killer slap tone? any Sound sample of the Stomp Box?

2. I have the same bass but with the onboard preamp. I think the Geddy gets killer slap tone without any mods, but the J-Retro gives me any sound I want and its a great preamp.However, it could be different than the stomp box, i'e never used one of those.
  3. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I own a Geddy and for the most part I run it with no preamp.

However I do own a tech 21 bass compressor and this has two bands of boost and where it is mosfet it emulates a warmer tone with less hum.

As this may not be for you I recomend trying out the tech 21 bass driver. It may just be what you're looking for.
  4. timinator

May 8, 2005
    Never tried their compressor, but the tech 21 bass driver is my on-demand slap tone in a box. I've given up on eq adjustments, etc. and just use this. The tone is really strong and the box overall is really flexible (preamp, di, signal splitter, tube drive emulation). I think Geddy used the rackmount version of this thing for his last solo album, too.