1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J-Retro - Trade for your passive plate

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gilbert46, Jul 6, 2005.

1. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Im looking to take my jazz back to stock. I might have gotten alittle carried away with the toys. Im looking for $180 plus your working control plate for a fender jazz.

Ill take 200 without trade.

Im in Sacramento and would accept a local deal.

Things I would trade for in addition to the control plate would be microphones. A set of drum mics would hit the spot !

Vocal and instrument mics would work as well. Nothing fancy, cause I cant afford that.

Thanks

2. wombolombo

wombolombo

Nov 29, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    What color is it?

3. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    its chrome, ill take pics tonight. 3 concentric stacked knobs, 2 switches and the high knobs pulls out as a bright switch. This is the model without the passive tone control.

http://www.bestbassgear.com/j-retro-preamp.htm

Further research, its the non deluxe model.

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    PM sent

5. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the PM's guys. I should be more specific. Im looking for a drum mic set like the nady 7 piece with the 2 condensers. Samsom makes a set near in price as well.

To be honest Im also hoping to make the trade for a loaded and wired fender jazz plate. I can solder the leads but wiring everything else will probably get me in trouble.

6. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    waiting on payment

7. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    sold