Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J-Retro - Trade for your passive plate

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gilbert46, Jul 6, 2005.

1. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Im looking to take my jazz back to stock. I might have gotten alittle carried away with the toys. Im looking for $180 plus your working control plate for a fender jazz.

Ill take 200 without trade.

Im in Sacramento and would accept a local deal.

Things I would trade for in addition to the control plate would be microphones. A set of drum mics would hit the spot !

Vocal and instrument mics would work as well. Nothing fancy, cause I cant afford that.

Thanks

2. wombolombo

wombolombo

Nov 29, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
  3. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    its chrome, ill take pics tonight. 3 concentric stacked knobs, 2 switches and the high knobs pulls out as a bright switch. This is the model without the passive tone control.

http://www.bestbassgear.com/j-retro-preamp.htm

Further research, its the non deluxe model.

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
  5. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the PM's guys. I should be more specific. Im looking for a drum mic set like the nady 7 piece with the 2 condensers. Samsom makes a set near in price as well.

To be honest Im also hoping to make the trade for a loaded and wired fender jazz plate. I can solder the leads but wiring everything else will probably get me in trouble.

6. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    waiting on payment