Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J-Retro treble eq question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Davo737, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Just a quick question about the J-Retro - because of the way the treble eq is voiced, does cutting it have a similar effect to rolling off a passive tone control?

Thanks much,
    Dave

2. GrooveSlave

GrooveSlave

Mar 20, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    If you mean "Does the treble decrease when I roll off the treble control of the J-Retro?" The answer is yes it does. It has the same effect as the passive tone control, with the added benefit of being able to boost as well.

I'm not sure which one would be more pronounced (JRetro or passive) but they have similar functions.

Hope this helps. If not, ask another question.

3. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I know it seemed like a rather idiotic question, but I've definitely noticed a significant difference in overall tone between cutting active treble and rolling off a passive tone control. I'm not entirely sure why this is - maybe passive tone controls effect a wider bandwidth? Not sure, but at any rate, that's just my observation.

4. GrooveSlave

GrooveSlave

Mar 20, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I didn't think it was a silly question at all. Sorry if I sounded like I did. I was just trying to clarify.

5. www.thedudepit.com has a forum that's run by the people who make and sell the retro products. they'll be able to answer your question for sure.