Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J-Retro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk, Feb 11, 2002.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Hello,
    I have some questions about the J-Retro preamp. Who makes it/is there a website on which I can find info?
    What are the controls?
    What would be the advantages to installing one of these on a AmDlx P Bass?
    Would it add a little more versatility to get that passive strait P sound?

Dirk

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The J-Retro drops into a Jazz type bass... I seem to recal a recent thread about a pre-amp by the same maker that was explicitly for a single pickup P-type bass... Two different animals. I'm sure if a guy was to apply sufficient logic to a search of these fine archives, he'd find more info on the topic...

-robert

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    'Course, if I'd get off my big lazy butt once in a while, I might be able to offer more help... This is the post I was referring to earlier... I'm thinking that one of these may be in my future! :D

Pretty good infor from Dude on the Retro for P-Bass!

HTH,
    -robert

4. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    FunkyCarnivore,
    I found the answers to all my questions at the website you linked me to. I think if I could ever afford the bass, I would invest in a U-Retro preamp. Now the trick is convincing my parents to let me buy the bass on credit. Maybe I could use this argument: that's one thousand free skymiles to use when I fly to college, plus i get a cool new bass.

Dirk