1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J-Retro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk, Feb 11, 2002.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Hello,
    I have some questions about the J-Retro preamp. Who makes it/is there a website on which I can find info?
    What are the controls?
    What would be the advantages to installing one of these on a AmDlx P Bass?
    Would it add a little more versatility to get that passive strait P sound?

Dirk

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The J-Retro drops into a Jazz type bass... I seem to recal a recent thread about a pre-amp by the same maker that was explicitly for a single pickup P-type bass... Two different animals. I'm sure if a guy was to apply sufficient logic to a search of these fine archives, he'd find more info on the topic...

-robert

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    'Course, if I'd get off my big lazy butt once in a while, I might be able to offer more help... This is the post I was referring to earlier... I'm thinking that one of these may be in my future! :D

Pretty good infor from Dude on the Retro for P-Bass!

HTH,
    -robert

4. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    FunkyCarnivore,
    I found the answers to all my questions at the website you linked me to. I think if I could ever afford the bass, I would invest in a U-Retro preamp. Now the trick is convincing my parents to let me buy the bass on credit. Maybe I could use this argument: that's one thousand free skymiles to use when I fly to college, plus i get a cool new bass.

Dirk