j retro

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by turkish, Jul 14, 2002.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    hi i'm kinda new to this forum but soes anyone know where i can get a jetro in california?
  2. i haven't seen or heard of anyone who sells them in a store. check out the forum on www.thedudepit.com they'll answer all your questions, and the guy to order from is there on a regular basis....
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I'm the importer and sole US distributor of all of John East's products including the J-Retro, U-Retro, BTB-01 and the new stompbox version. I'm located in Santa Rosa, CA.

Milothicus posted a link to my website (thanks Milothicus!)

All of John East's preamps are made by him personally and are not cranked out on some assembly line and if I opened up distribution there'd be no way to keep up with demand.
  5. no problem.....

it appears some people already have the stompbox version........is it available now? everything i see at the dudepit says it's still in develepment...
  6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Just released. Got in the first 10 and have 3 left.

7. Gil Escalera

Gil Escalera

Jan 17, 2002
    Upland, CA
    Another cool thing about the StompBox is that it has a DI built into it. Very cool for those "riggless" gigs. :) The Stompbox has the same basic circuitry as the J/U-Retro.

Here are the spec's on the StompBox:

Based on J-Retro with a little more control and addtional balanced output.

BASS (+18dB @ 50Hz)
    Boost only Bass control. The frequency band of boost gets progressively lower as the boost is increased. An indent midway is included to aid the setting of this control.

MID (+/-12dB)
    Boost and cut with centre indent 'flat position.
    MID FREQUENCY (150hZ - 3Khz)
    Continuously variable Mid Frequency sweep.
    Footswitch with with yellow LED to indicate when the Mid section is in circuit.

TREBLE (+15dB @ 3 kHz, -15dB @ 1kHz)
    Treble control with boost and cut. The central 'flat' position is indented. The cut settings work on lower frequencies compared to boost to give a deeper sound when the top is rolled off.

BRIGHT SWITCH (+8dB @ 7kHz)
    Mini toggle swtich to turn on the Bright setting.

GAIN UNBALANCED 6dB (1/4" Jack Output)
    The basic gain of the system is 6dB with Bass at minimum, Mid 'flat', Treble 'flat' and Bright in the off postion.

GAIN BALANCED 12dB (XLR Output)

Overall Bypass footswitch with red LED to indicate when the Pre and EQ are in circuit.

A very gentle built in contour gives immediate colour without detracting from the basic sound of any bass.

The power is switched on automatically when a mono jack is plugged into the 1/4" output socket. A Battery Box, accessible from the outside of the unit, holds a standard 9V battery. An external DC power supply input is included and an AC/DC adaptor is optional.