1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

J-Retro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by slap2much, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    You know it, you love it, John East onboard pre for Jazz Bass mounted on a control plate. Drop-in, 3-band EQ with sweepable mid, brightness, passive bypass. $200 shipped to the lower 48, PayPal or MO etc...was in my Squier/SX Frankenbass and doing a fantastic job there but I've started parting it out. PM with questions or for more info, thanks.

Pics:

jretro1.

jretro2.

2. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    bump.

3. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Say what's the depth on that thing? The mirror from the plate makes it hard to tell.

4. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    The recommended cavity depth is 32.5mm which allows for 'a little clearance' according to the instructions.

5. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    So it did fit okay in an SX Jazz cavity? I might go for it if so.

6. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    It fit OK but the cavity had been previously enlarged. Also tolerances and dimensions of SX and other 'off brand' manufacturers tend to vary so please keep that in mind. Note that this pre is designed to drop in to a Jazz cavity, any wood work you'd need to do would be minimal and hidden when the plate is installed.

This is on hold pending payment, I'll close the thread upon receipt of funds.

7. Cinquez Griffin

Cinquez Griffin

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Pm sent if not sold

8. baobass

baobass

Nov 18, 2011
    hi there!is it still available?

9. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004