Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

J Station?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jondog, Aug 20, 2003.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Anybody use a J Station? It's got bass amp models. What settings do you like? Mine's coming today!

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    hey Jon! I love mine... the SVT, Trace and SWR models are ok. I bought/use it for my guitar thou.

I've yet to really do much bass thru it... I did manage to fake Tony Levin's phased sound from the 70's.

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Cool! Do you only use it for recording or have you tried it as a preamp?

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    With my basses... just into head phones or sound card.

the Strat, I've done both plus in-line to my Sunn or Ashdown. I've been meaning to try it thru the effects loop too.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
  6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I think your server is down or something, I can't access the tune or your site.

We're at Buckalew's on LBI again this Friday if you're free!

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Grrrr... It just went down again :(

it's a shared host, I bet the latest worm taxed to too heavy. Hopefully it'll be up again soon.

I'll try... but I'm living on a part time income at the moment. I'd love to check y'all out!

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    The server is back up. I got your PM, I'll get back to you later (gotta run it past the Boss Lady)

9. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Very cool tones! The UPS man just dropped it off, so I'm going to go try mine out!

----------

OK, after a few hours w/ this thing, I don't know why more bassists don't use it. I haven't directly compared it to the competition (bassvamp, pod) but it sounds very good and has lots of features bassists can use, like a splitband compressor, a juicy autowah, and a nice chorus. My favorite is the SWR model. Even some of the guitar amps sound good. Even if you were just looking for a headphone amp it would be cool.

I need to get the cables to hook it up to my 'puter so I can do the deep editing and so I can download the new amp models.