1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jacek Niedziela - "Bassville"

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Just a word to put some great music by a super nice acquaintance out there. Jacek is a native of Poland who has visited here at UofL on several occasions as a guest artist as part of our "Open World" program. He's a great jazz bassist, and he has just released a CD of solo bass material, and it is absolutely wonderful....creative, spontaneous, swinging, in tune, well recorded, tasteful, in tune, full of spirit, joyous, in tune....did I mention that Jacek has great intonation? :D

So far, Jacek has been too humble to post this material himself, but I asked him if he would mind if I wrote a little post about his record, and he said "sure". The record is called Bassville, and as far as I know is available only in Poland at the moment.

The first excerpt is Night and Day. The second is called Raymondo Bassmondo. I'll be trying to find out how folks from outside of Poland can get copies of this great record. In the meantime, ENJOY! :)

2. DHoss

DHoss

Nov 23, 2005
    CT
    Chris,

Thank you for posting these excerpts.

I’m inspired by his clever use of rhythm, harmonics, double stops and intertwining of the melody and bass line. :bassist:

Do you think CD Baby is an appropriate place to make it available outside Poland?

Dave

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That's really nice! What a player....I like the fact that, even with all his chops, he ends up just playing music.

It would be great to see this CD available in the US. At the very least, it would be something to listen to when my solo chops need a good a$$-whuppin'.

4. Hi guys

Nice to hear that some of you have heard of the guys like Jacek.

I aspire to attend his classes, as I am now preparing for a whole year for the exams on the june of 2007. It is a dream for me to have him as a Teacher.

Bassville is nbelievably great music - I listen to it on daily basis.
    Inspiring.

Cheers to all!

5. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
  6. I had exactly the same reaction, very inventive and tuneful
    use of all four strings. I'd like to hear more.

7. Had to listen again. I love to hear such pure, original music.
    Who else do you all know of who plays solo bass in a unique (to me anyway) and original manner. I need to be listening to something new so I'd welcome some suggestions.

8. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago

Thanks Chris.....very nice indeed. I think the suggestion about CD Baby is a great one. It will cost him a mininmal amount to post it on there and he'll have instant distribution.