1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jack 12: DeltaPro 12a or Deltalite II 2512...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fine Cut, Jan 10, 2012.

1. after looking into the SB112, and then finding the billfitzmaurice jack design, i've decided to go the DIY route for a new experience, and hopefully as an end result, a better than "standard" cab (prey for my fingers :smug: )

i've searched over all the Jack threads i could find, as well as looked at the Eminence response charts for both woofers. I've seen lots of information regarding the 2512 as used in Jack builds, but haven't seen much of any info regarding the DeltaPro 12a. As the DeltaPro is the "default" (read: most affordable) driver to choose from in speakerhardware.com's Jack 12 kit, i find myself highly inclined to give it a go over the 2512 costing $80 more (i'm aware that the speaker is NOT the place to skimp on any such build: bare with me).

basically, i'm looking for experiences with the DeltaPro 12a. Is it a formidable speaker that simply weighs more, or is there truly something to gain sonically from dropping the extra coin on the neo?

2. rogypop

rogypop

Jan 10, 2009
    Croatia
    Check the Bill´s forum for questions about his designs. Anyway, if i was building jack 12 i would use deltalite 2512 or kappalite 3012 ho. If you plan to build just one cab you would be better using kappalite.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    +1.

4. lelandcrooks

lelandcrooks Commercial User

Jan 6, 2011
    Kansas
    Owner SpeakerHardware.com
    Recheck the prices. Neo's went down. The 2510, 12, and 15 a lot.