Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jack Bruce Sig. Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by studg10, Jul 5, 2002.

1. studg10

studg10

Dec 4, 2001
    is the Jack Bruce Signature Bass that good? why is it so special? will it sound really good? and do you know anywhere where you could get one cheap?

2. well, if your jack bruce then its the best bass in the world, its everything you ever wanted........howerver, your not jack bruce, and so it is probly like every other bass you tried, it wasn't made for you in mind. I tried it at the Bass Centre, much like any other warwick fretless!
    u could scour e-bay for one, but there was only a limited number made, so they probly aren't that widely available 2nd hand

good luck
    *Si*

3. Resident Warwick fiend checking in. The production run was as follows: 50 fretted, 50 fretless, all signed by the Man himself. The fretless has LED position markers, and now you know what truly makes the bass special. Then again, a regular Thumb ain't so bad either. :cool:

4. oh yeah! :), forgot about those LEDS, aren't they only on the side markers though?

*Si*

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually plankspanker, both the fretted and fretless have the LED's installed, as Si says side only. And the bass itself isn't actually signed, but it does have an abalone inlay in the body that is Jack's signature. The body is made with a highly figured swirly bubinga, the fingerboard on both is ebony (the standard fretted has a wenge fingerboard). It comes with both a gigbag and a custom flight case, a copy of Jack's latest CD, and a nice zippered notebook with all the tools and paperwork in it.

If I were a Thumb or Jack Bruce fan, I'd get one!

6. Correct about the side position you are.
    I believe it's the vaunted Lightwave system, and it's wired to the electronics compartment. I am not sure if it's a 9v or 18v circuit, but my guess is that there would be 2 batteries in that cavity either way. I think www.warwickbass.com still has some info on this bass...check it out; the link should be in the news scroll.

7. I also dig Jack's newest CD, so if a hi-qual bass doesn't do it for ya, you'll at least have something for your ears.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Sorry plankspanker, don't want to be constantly correcting you, but the Lightwave system is a bridge mounted infrared pickup system, not LED position markers. The LED's on the Warwick JB sig bass are actually Sims LED's. There are 3 9v batteries in the bass, one for the active electronics, 2 for the LED's. They are very nice basses.

9. outa curiosity, why do the LEDS need two batteries? is it all LEDS or just the JB set?

cheers
    *Si*

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Not really sure Si....guess I could find out, but I haven't a clue right now.

11. thas cool
    don't worry yourself with it! :)

gonna get to sleep now, gotta be nice and awake for the festival 2moro! gotta remember all the songs, god this band do some odd ones! :p

*Si*