Jack Bruce Warwick on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by duckbutter, Oct 5, 2005.

1. the Jack Bruce Warwick is indeed a beautiful bass

But I couldnt see it costing $9,000

Maybe someone see's that as a fair price though, I dunno
  2. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Gotta admit that is just too much, you could have the craziest Jerzy Drozd, Ritter, Fodera or whatever floats your boat for that money. Someone will hopefully have the sense to OBO it.
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    In the add I saw, Jack Bruce said he liked the way the bass looked, nothing about sound or playability :eyebrow:
  4. It's a bit too much!!!

But a nice Warwick anyway...
  5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Howly cow!

If it's good enough for Jack. Its good enough for me.

But also Jack probly has way more money then I do.
  6. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    From the photos I've seen of the Cream reunion gigs, it seems tha Jack didn't touch the reunion bass, just had it standing on stage by his amps. :meh:

If you think that bass is expensive, a shop in London has a Gibson "Cream reunion" Clapton ES335 for £9999GBP - that's about £18,000USD. Nothing special about it - just a plain red guitar.
    Didn't realise that Cream were playing in NYC: www.cream2005.com

Must pick up the Royal Albert Hall DVD this weekend.
  7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    well its street price in europe is like €4800-->$+-5800USD plus american taxes so yes it might be like $2000-3000USD overpriced
  8. I've watched the DVD almost completly, and he didn't use the reunion Warwick at all.
    It was on display, as you said, I guess he just doesn't like to play it! Tells me enough...
  9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So, if it wasn't good ebough for Jack. It's not good enough for me.
  10. Those are exactly my thoughts... If he doesn't play it why should I???
  11. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Coz you have selfsteem and like to chose by yourself whatever piece of wood you r going to play maybe???
  12. Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    How much does the bass weigh? I read in a review of the concert that Jack, at one point, started leaning up against a chair/amp(?) so maybe he just can't physically play it.
  13. Nothing to do with self esteem. I simply can't see myself spending $9000 on an instrument that is especially made for and closely associated with a bass player who obviously doesn't like to play it (whatever the reason might be). If it was a fine instrument, Jack would've certainly used it with Cream at the reunion concerts. The fact that he doesn't is a bad omen in my book, but maybe he'll give it some playing time at the NYC gigs.