Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jack Bruce's Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Jan 16, 2002.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
  2. $ 25.000 as a start price????? wow :eek:

3. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
  4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I was looking for the verification documents. It all looks like the real deal to me.

Too bad that bass sounds like flat tires on a tar road.....thwap, thwap, thwap, boom...."

But it's a good investment.

5. Flatwound4

Flatwound4

Nov 28, 2001
    Why would someone sell Jack Bruce's bass on Ebay? They had one of Jaco's main basses on sale too. I later read in Bass Player that that particular bass has not been seen for quite some time.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    EBay is a lucrative place to sell rare instruments. Why wouldn't a seller take the Bruce bass to EBay?
    Norm Harris of Norm's Rare Guitars in Reseda is the seller of the Bruce bass. His integrity is well-established. The bass is legit.

As to the Jaco '60 Jazz that was offered a few months ago, the auction was ended early for some reason. It was also legit, as can be determined from the numerous photos and the fact that Jaco's family stated it was the real deal. The fact that the article in Bass Player didn't know where it was means, well, nothing, really.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well someone bid $25100

thats one great piece of music history, i mean, how many of us have played at least once "sunshine of your love" ;)