1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

JACK CASADY BASS PLAYERS CLUB!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWLANG, Apr 27, 2019.

1. I see what you did there. NZ is considered a province by many Australians. :whistle:

PillO likes this.
  2. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    Go the Boomers!

3. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    Coming soon! Found one at a guitar shop in Rome, Italy...

blue 2. blue 1.

bholder, McG, Border and 6 others like this.
  4. tzohn

tzohn

Apr 26, 2015
    No binding in blue color? Cool!

Just checked, there is binding in blue color too. Cool again :D

PillO and DWLANG like this.
  5. I commented on the binding in my NBD thread. It’s a coarse silver sparkle kinda like Slingerland drums had in the sixties [where I come from].

PillO and tzohn like this.
  6. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    White (w/ sparkle) binding w/ these beauties

PillO and tzohn like this.
  7. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    Kind of odd that I've never seen any pix online of anyone playing a blue JCB on stage.
    There's one or two videos online of Jack himself playing one (and still shots of that), but I've yet to see anyone post a picture of themselves playing a blue JCB on stage.
    I've seen a ton of pix of players with ebony and gold (I really don't dig the white pup), many with the red anniversary JCB, and a few alpine white (myself included).
    Anybody?

8. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    Anybody out there with a red Anniversary JCB who doesn't want / use their gig bag, and would be willing to sell it? I have a hardshell case that I use most of the time, but would like the gig bag.
    Please pm me, as I'm looking to buy...
    gig bag.

PillO likes this.
  9. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!! Finally!

10. I can understand why folks would be reluctant to part with their JCB 20th gig bags... I wish you the best with your quest!

We all know that there aren't a lot of aftermarket gig bag options that are a suitable fit for our beloved JCB's, but I have found that the Gator GBE-AC-BASS acoustic bass gig bag is quite acceptable after a bit of foam padding is added to fill out the depth. In fact, the added foam padding make me feel more comfortable about taking it out to gigs.

Edit - photo added (with my naked JCB, awaiting new hardware).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:11 PM
  11. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    That metallic gold is starting to grow on me...especially with the pickguard off.

Saw this picture online the other day...

E0E1EBB4-DACF-4A55-AA23-5D1BF42969AB.

bholder, PillO, RedVee and 3 others like this.
  12. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    Thanks to all who pm'd me with offers.

20th Anniversary Gig bag purchased!

StatesideRambler and Stugilliam like this.
  13. Gee Man

Gee Man

Nov 2, 2016
    W. MA.
    As an FYI, I find that I can use my Mono Vertigo electric bass bag with my JC. Its a tight fit to be sure, but it does indeed fit and provides a healthy layer of peace of mind in its construction.

DWLANG likes this.
  14. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    I have a Mono Vertigo as well (left over from my Rickenbacker days), but it really is a tight fit!

90% of the time, I just use my hardshell case.

I wanted the gig bag for short trips / band rehearsal situations...

15. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Hi all, are the Casady basses still built in South Korea? If not when did they move their construction? Just curious, I keep being told different locations.

16. China from about 2017, if I'm not mistaken. And with pau ferro fretboards (in lieu of rosewood) from about 2018. Others will no doubt chime in.

Stugilliam and McG like this.
  17. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    It's my understanding that the standard models have been made in China for some time, while special edition models continue to be made in Korea.

Here's a link to an (unofficial) Epiphone serial number decoder.

Epiphone Serial Number Decoding

My Speical Edition Alpine White number is 1402213025. According to the site above it was bass number 3025, made in February 2014 in the Unsung, Korea factory. I know the Alpine Whites were a 2014 model so I assume the decoding is correct.

If anyone has more/different info please post it.

DWLANG and Stugilliam like this.
  18. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Thanks greatly for the link, it told me more than I needed, but was curious about. Apparently my gold top was made in October of 2008, and built in Korea. I purchased her new so I guess that I have had her longer than previously thought. And still enjoy playing her!

McG and DWLANG like this.
  19. At least some of the 20th anniversary JCB's have been made in China.

McG likes this.
  20. lowendrv

lowendrv

Dec 12, 2007
    SoCal
    All of the 20th's were built in China .

McG and Jughead6 like this.