1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jack Casady case options

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by geoffzilla, Jan 3, 2007.

1. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    I'm a happy Jack Casady owner, and tour pretty extensively with it. The stock case is already getting a bit banged up, and I'd like to upgrade. The only option I can find is Calton Cases (they actually made Jack's case) but it's a 3 month wait and $900. Are there any other options? I'm also curious about gig bag options.

2. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Why not just replace the stock case for 100 bucks? When it gets too beat up, do it again. Heck, you can do that 9 times for the cost of the Calton!

As for gig bags, I wouldn't trust one to carry my JC from the living room to the kitchen. Too delicate, too risky.

3. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    I think that's pretty much the conclusion I've come too. I just don't like checking a case of that quality in an airplane, mostly. It doesn't really happen too often, but pretty stressful to watch those baggage handlers from the window seat of the plane.
    Along the same line as buying 9 cases, I guess if it really gets roughed up, a new bass is cheaper than a Calton as well(although I'd be showing up to a gig with a busted bass...).

4. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Maybe a good rule of thumb would be that the case shouldn't be worth more than the bass it's designed to protect -- though there is that thorny problem of potentially showing up at a gig with a box of splinters. Wish I had a better idea for ya...