Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jack Casady signature

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Henko, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Henko

Henko

Oct 15, 2002
    Sweden
    Has anyone tried the Epiphone Jack Casady signature bass? How do you like it? Why?

/Henko

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have one, Great Bass many very acoustical tones from this axe. The hardware could be better,but you can live with it. I am playing it with thomastic power bass strings and it is a match made in Heaven. I am very supportive of this bass, dont let made in Korea give you any false impressions because this will out play all the other epi basses. Good Luck:)

3. Henko, I've had my Casady over two years and still love it. If you type, "Jack Casady," in the search function you'll find many threads and a ton of information there.

In one sentence: The Jack Casady bass is a very full, round and beautiful sounding instrument.

Mike

What's up, Major? :)

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Mike will have to get a beer together soon:). We have the same combination with Jack basses and Ampeg B100R. Rock out

5. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

I agree with all of the above and then some!

This bass is perfect for the roots-rock/alt-country music I'm doing these days. Tons of bottom-shaking booty yet still cuts through the mix. In fact, I've relegated my trusty G&L ASAT to being my "rock" bass and the JC is seeing the majority of my work these days.

While the workmanship and hardware are not comparable to what you'll find on an American-made Gibson Les Paul Signature semi-hollowbody bass, it is absolutely superior to the typical Korean product and for 25% of the price of the American, you simply can't go wrong!

It more than holds it's own sounds-wise and looks-wise and is the shining star of the entire Epiphone line.