Jack Casady signature

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by olps, Aug 10, 2003.

1. olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Does anyone know if Epiphone still produces these basses in black/ebony? I"ve only been able to find them in the gold, but I've seen pics of them in black, and even a sunburst one. Thanks!
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Gold has always been the most common color. The Epiphone website shows "ebony" as one of the available colors, so I'd guess they're still available in black.

3. I actually punched up a search for them yesterday on YAHOO!!!!...um, yeah, anyway, they still make them in black and gold, but you can only order them by phone or something like that.Just search for Epiphone Jack Casady on yahoo and you'll see for youself.

i hope this helped, if not, disregard it.

(edit: mike beat me to it!)
  4. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I saw Jars of Clay last week, and the bass player was using a gold one. It sounded great. Anybody own one of these can can comment on the sound and playability?
  5. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I have a black one, (don't hate me olps), and it sounds fantastic! Gets a huge sound... Basically, I use the Vari-Ohm on the middle setting and it gets plenty of bite. Very good for my country band...

As for playability, the neck feels great under my thumb. I have the action set medium high and it plays like a breeze. My only complaint is the non-contoured body... I'm rather 'large boned', (especially through the gut! :cool: ), and the binding cuts into my forearm... I can deal with it by switching off basses every other set.

6. olps

Nov 12, 2001
    I looked at the music123 site, and they say they'll have the 'ebony' ones in on Sept. 15th. I don't think they still make the sunburst ones however. I don't mind the gold, I just prefer the black. I love the feel and sound of them; just magnificant!
  7. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Fast neck and great tone. I'd play before buying though (Epi's QC sucks).