Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jack Cassady owners please...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Siggy, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    I just picked up a Fender Coronado II and the case is falling apart.

I also have a Epi 335 Dot and the body of the Coronado fits in the Dot case but obiously the bass is too long. I'm wondering if the JC case will work. Can some of you owners of Jack Cassady basses help?

Idealy if someone could see if a Dot fit into the Cassady case would be the best way but just the internal case dimensions would help.

Thanks,

Siggy

2. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Here's a picture of the Fender. (thought I posted one on the original)

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It should fit in the jack case. You dont see many of those basses around any more, where was that model made?. I hope it works out for you

4. you could always try and find a place where they can fix the case....whichever is cheaper

5. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    "It should fit in the jack case. You dont see many of those basses around any more, where was that model made?. I hope it works out for you"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help, Could you tell me the inside length of your JC case? The Coronado is a shortscale however it is still 46" long.

She's a 66 and made in the U.S. Designed by Roger Rossmeisl who came from Rickenbacher to head up Fenders R&D to develope accoustic and electric archtops to try to lure some sales from Gibson.

I considered buying a Cassady sig. however I really wanted a shortscale because I'm starting to get arthritis. I do have a Allen Woody on order but who knows when that will show up.

Thanks again,

Siggy

6. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    "you could always try and find a place where they can fix the case....whichever is cheaper"

I can probably "FIX" the case with glue and duct tape, however it has a lot of character and I don't want to detract from it. I can get a case for around $80 if I can find one that fits.

7. sorry to throw off the topic at hand, but i think i just fell in love with that coronado.

8. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    "sorry to throw off the topic at hand, but i think i just fell in love with that coronado"

Thanks, Me too, she's got some interesting features: Single pole DeArmond PUs, both finger AND thumb rests. The bridge is independant (floating?) and the strings actually rest on rubber, binding around the F holes. And she's in great shape for a 37 year old!

Siggy