1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jack in the Box commercial

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Solarmist, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Have you seen the Jack in the Box TV commercial showing all those cute little cows, and then shows them made into a bunch of mini burgers ... bad commercial! :eek:

2. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    It does bad things for the dwarf and midget communities, with that high pitched chipmunk singing.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    No youtube link, no commercial ;)

4. +1 i wanna see

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I had a friend from overseas that said when he came here and saw his first "jack" in box he was really entertained. he knew of "jack" as the euphemism used for, well, you know. i never looked at it like that before and it suddenly became quite a funny name. just felt like sharing.

6. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Man, you guys are way too sensitive. I remember a day, just a few years ago, when you could make fun of anything and no one would whine about hurt feelings. America has gone soft...:meh:

7. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Is Jack in a Box any good? We get many commercials from them, but there isn't one in the whole state. Same for Sonic.

8. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    America always has been.

9. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    heh, my mom was just saying last night how cute she thought it was.

10. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Would it be better if they showed them made into more substantial burgers?

11. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Its ok and for some reason super appealing to drunk people. The tacos are nice after you've had a few to drink.

12. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    They used to be better.

13. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    You think thats bad?

Last week I saw an oil change commercial. They had this little animated stick figure enginer guy, and inside him was a simplified engine, with 2 pistons moving around ( not around, but you guys get what i mean) a shaft that seemed to have no depth, but was placed right by the male genital area.

I can just see a bunch of kids imitating that.

14. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Man i've been craving a burger all day.

This just put it over the edge.

15. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario

There's the Oilchangers Commercial. Slighty different than i remembered it, and a lot worse. What were they thinking?

16. Guys ... don't get me wrong - I thought it was funny because I could just imagine peta people seeing it, and coming undone! :D

17. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Found it.

18. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    JitB commercial was: LAME. I thought it was gonna be some transformation from small cows -> burgers. Not a bunch of midgets.

Oilchangers: Funny. He urinates old oil :D Reminds me of Transformers movie, with bumblebee "lubricating" that S7 guy.....

Durex: ***???? Too artsy for a product like that

19. Absolutely! I agree with the OP this is a bad commercial. I generally wish for a larger burger that uses more cows and more effeciently distributes the meat. If they turned one cow into one mini burger that is just wasteful.