Jack Johnson Bushfire Fairytails, anyone else dig it?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TWISTED, Dec 1, 2002.

TWISTED Guest

Sep 8, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    I thought the album was alright on first listen but on the second listen it really grew on me. The bass is by a guy named Merlo and he plays some good lines with a real nice tone, nothing overly flashy but it's got soul. The bands a three peice with Jack on acoustic guitar. It's mellow stuff and I'm usually a rock fan but I think this is some of the best (non heavy)music I've heard that didn't come from the sixties or seventies.
  2. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I dig it.

My sister sent me a copy of his CD and it took a few listens, but....

This guy has got IT, whatever that is. I usually dig funk/jazz/rock/dance/techno/electronica/whatever, but lately I've just been looking for *good* songs, no matter what genre. Whatever it is that makes a good song, this guy has got it.

Favourite tracks - Brushfire Fairytales, Mudfootball (?name), Posters.

3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    This guy is sorority girl catnip.
  4. biting_nails

biting_nails Guest

Sep 10, 2002
    queensland, australia
    yeah, excelent album. one of my favourites ever
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Great album! Same producer as Ben Harper. I saw him last year and he was great.......and chicks dig him big time:D Plus he is a very cool guy.....a Hawaii boy who will never let the fame take him away from his roots. Jack also make some of the best surf videos out there, very multi talented!
  6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    I like it. My former frat girl (oops, I meant sorority), ex-cheerleader babe wife turned me on to it. Nicely recorded, kind of beatnik vibe. Howzit Jerry...long time I nevah see you...
  7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hey Marcus....I'm still doing mostly the westside club thing...........I heard your playing on Tom Conway's new C.D.........great stuff!!!!! Great playing from everybody on it.....you just smoke!!!
    I loved it!!!!
  8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Thanks, Jerry, we had fun with that one. Eric Helmkamp (Bob Rock's engineer) and John Messersmith did the mix. They really nailed the bass sound. Hi to Gail...