Jack Meyers/Myers, info anyone?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BluesDuck, Sep 11, 2005.

1. BluesDuck

May 9, 2005
    I would be very grateful for any information about the blues bassist Jack Meyers. I've tried all around the internet and havent found anything but album credits. Is he still alive?
  2. Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    This is an old thread, but I thought I'd add what very little info I have. He died recently and has been relatively unheard of since the 60s. He was one of the first to use an electric bass, and Buddy Guy gave him his first. He played a lot with Buddy. Not to be confused with Dave Myers of the blues rhythm section The Aces, also played with Buddy and many Chicago blues groups and one of the first to use an electric bass. Both Myers' also played with drummer Fred Below often.
  3. lalalaone1two2

Apr 8, 2012
    I adopted Jack as a friend and visited every Sat. or so. He was not well but was fiesty as all get out. Kind of like my old grandmother but in a black blues player body. He was smart and bossy and wore his red hat and tinted glasses and wanted a smoke ALL the time. He tried to teach me a tune when I brought my flute once, da da dat, da dat, got it? (over and over)