Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jack Osbourne in Rehab?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    How old is this kid? How in the hell do you get to the point that you have to go into rehab for booze as a kid? Is he OFFICIALLY a celebrity now?

2. He's an a-hole...that's what I think of him. Hopefully the Osbournes bubble will burst in a couple of years, and he'll realise how much of a fool he looked...rehab isn't cool.

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    He's 17. I guess you get to that point by being 17, having lots of money and too much time on your hands. Oh yeah and having every Alt rock band on the planet schmooze you to get on the Ozfest side stage.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    He's got nothing on Drew Barrymore....

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It seems that these hollywood types think of rehab as a weekend at the spa and some free press. Who knows what his particulars are though? The camera and the press certainly don't present the full story or show us the total of his character. That said, I wish I him a full and speedy recovery, if that's what he really needs/wants.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :D

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Drew set the bar REAL high! The reports stated that he went in for booze and mary jane.

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    well Woody, you see - his dad is Ozzy freakin' Osbourne.

I've never watched the reality TV show about them, but without ever seeing it, I can be sure that the Osbournes are not your average family and his up bringing has probably been a little different than most kids - different family values and such. also, Ozzy is a recovering alcoholic/addict himself and that's passed on through our genes. Jack's lucky he wasn't in Betty Ford years ago.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I don't think it's that strange. Half the kids I hung out with in high school probably should have been in rehab when they were 17, but nobody takes much notice when you're not famous.

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I wish my father came from being dirt poor, paid a million dues and worked his way to becoming what he is, so I could ride on his coat tail, be a spoiled little brat, start a record company and then get a singing career doing crappy punk songs like "Shut up" where I couldn't even find the key if it was the only one on the keychain.

Sorry for my run-on sentence. :D

11. that's what i was gonna say. i'm suprised he didn't go straight to rehab from birth!
    hpoefully he'll get straightened out (pshh...i should talk). not he'll ever have to have a level enough head to do a day of work in his life, 'cause his dad's ozzy, but still...

12. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    How about this? Both Kelly and Jack quit school, and the parents let them!!!!!!!! Isn't there a law on that? I do, however, love the Osbourns!!!!!!!!

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Unfortunately, I'd say it's ALOT more than half for the kids I went to high school with. Probably 15-20% of my graduating class went to rehab at some point in thier high school career, and those were only the ones who could afford it.

14. I've seen the show a few times, and sometimes they say some pretty stupid/funny things, but this isn't funny. This is pretty serious, being only seventeen and in rehab. I'm 16 later this year... it could happen to all of us, but because he's in the spotlight he gets recognition for it (as mentioned before). That is also whacked.

Any publicity is good publicity, it seems, in Hollywood.

his upbringing wasn't great, either; only now are the parents starting to get hard on them (Ozzy rants to Kelly all the time about wearing a F******g condom during sex), but IMO they shoutld have started earlier. And letting them out of school wasn't the best idea either.

Oh, and BTW: :ninja: .

Cool new smilies. :D

15. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    :confused:

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Drew Barrymore was the definitive wild child (she probably had a dealer before she was a teenager).

17. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow. I didn't realise that.

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Is this supposed to be a valid reason? My dad screwed half the women in our apartment complex when I was younger, even though he was married. Does that mean that I have the freedom to cheat on my wife, being that Simon Durham is my father? Do you think ol' wifey would go for that? If anything, I feel that after what Oz and Sharon went through, they should've been more deligent in their pursuits to prevent something like this.

BTW, for those who don't know, Drew Barrymore went into rehab at the age of 12!

19. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Y'know, Woody, you've had "A crowd pleasing man!" as your title for a fair while... and I've only just this minute realised it's a Steely Dan reference (Glamour Profession) :eek: My bad...

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    "Special delivery - for Hoops McCan."