Jacked Kustom

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2002.

  1. Jeffrey


    Jan 16, 2002
    USA-Monona WI
    Hey there. I've got this old Kustom amp with vinyl padding on it. It's a little moldy, but that's fixable. The problem is, it'll electrocute me if I touch it! I want to trade it in or something, but I'm not sure what they'll say. "Oh, here's this amp...be careful, it's dangerous!" Maybe the music store folks have rubber gloves to work with, I don't know. It's a killer amp. Any ideas? Thanks.:)
  2. watt

    watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member


    you have to get it repaired and have that problem taken care of - no if and buts about it, especially if you're going to sell it - the only responsible thing to do. maybe a ground problem and easily fixable. take it to a _well qualified_ person to have it made safe. that **** can be serious and cause big hurt.

    on bass, watt