1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jackie Fox on Jeopardy.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rev J, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    I don't know how many Jeopardy fans are on here but the current champion is Jackie Fox who was the bass player for the Runaways in the 70's. Now she's a lawyer.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I noticed that! Champion for at least a couple of games, too. Smart woman.
    Jackie-Rox-Jeopardy.

The funny thing was that during the contestant interviews, she mentioned that she used to be in a band, just casually like it was some cover band in her basement, and then mentions that they were called the Runaways. And then I'm like, "waitaminnit... the RUNAWAYS!!!"

Runaways.

design and kobass like this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You guys just made me look really smart. The local morning radio talk show somehow got on the subject of one of the categories on the show that dealt with The Beatles maybe last night? Something about Strawberry Fields. (I came in at the end if the bit so I'm fuzzy on the details.)

Anyway, their producer prides himself on being a rock trivia guru. They hadn't mentioned anything about the current champion being a former big shot bass player. So I called in and asked him about it on air. The hosts got a kick out of that guy being stumped.

Full disclosure: I gave you guys exactly zero credit and acted as if I had known who she was my whole life. :cool:

S-Bigbottom, kobass, Goatrope and 2 others like this.
  4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I had a crush on each Runaway at the tender age of 15. At that time, they were the ultimate FOXES. I will never forget who Jackie Fox is, until the day I die. Plus, she played an awesome T-Bird.

kobass, hrodbert696 and two fingers like this.
  5. 8guy

8guy

Jun 19, 2005
    Madison WI
    I had a Big Crush on her when I was 16, Watching Her on Jeopardy the last 3 Days has been a joy. Looking Forward to watching her again Today!!!!

kobass likes this.
  6. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Wow, this woman got some stuff done in her life!

Is she still on the show? I don't watch t.v. but can get in front of someone's for such a special occasion.

7. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

She had a run of three or four wins. That was a couple of weeks ago now.

StayLow likes this.
  8. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I remember reading that after she quit the band after she was... well, you can read about it... she went to UCLA and then got her JD from Harvard (and President Obama was one of her classmates). Yeah, pretty brilliant career all in all.

9. She posted quite a bit about it on her FB page.
    She posts something daily though, so you'll be scrolling down a while to find the bit about Jeopardy.

10. You can test to be on the show: