1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jackie Street, Nashville session bassist R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by StreamerDavid, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Gumby4

Gumby4

Dec 18, 2007
    New Jersey
    That is a great loss. :(

He played on some great songs and his bass line were awesome.

2. jsamp

jsamp

Jul 31, 2007
    Birmingham, Al
    Even more than how great a bass player Jackie was, he was an even better person! I only met Jackie once or twice in my life, but have heard many stories. He and my dad were close friends and were roommates while traveling with the band "Eternity" some years ago. Despite that fact that I didnt personally know him well, when I bought my first couple of basses and/or any other gear, I was always able to call Jackie up and ask for advice. He would talk just as if we knew each other well. I always appreciated his words.

He will be dearly missed.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It is really sad to know that I have only heard of someone who accomplished as much as Mr. Street after his death. May he rest in peace.

It is especially humbling to know that he about my age and has passed away already since today is my birthday. The older I get, the more precious I can see life is.