"Jacko does it Again!"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Nov 19, 2002.

1. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    We've already got a thread on this subject.
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, on second evaluation, we'll give this thread a go, since it was brought to my attention that the content is different from your standard, "OMG HAVE YOU SEEN HIS FACE!" type threads.

I just ask to try and be judicious though. I don't know why I don't like the Jackson-bashing so much, it's not like the guy's a friend. I just don't want to see a lot of posts saying "freak" type stuff. I mean, obviously the guy has some mental imbalances, but I would prefer that people be more civilized in discussing that.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
  3. Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Ahh yes, holding the baby over the balcony 4 (or is it 5?) stories up. He's sparked a bit of controversy over that....
  4. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I feel sorry for him. :( Obviously he doesn't have all of his marbles. He just can't seem to stay out of trouble.
  5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

While I do feel sorry for Jackson, I feel even more sorry for the baby who was in serious jeopardy during this bizarre incident. Jackson displayed regrettable lack of judgment here and probably should not be left alone with his children if he has no better notion of their safety.

I won't call Jackson names in deference to Jazzbo's request and out of respect for the many happy hours I spent listening to MJ's best music. I do feel he should seek help, because he seems to be drifting in and out of reality. I really fear he could hurt himself or his children. I wouldn't want that to be his legacy.
  6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    His legacy is... paying off the kid.
  7. I'm no expert, by any means, but I suspect that if MJ were Canadian, Social Services would be taking a long hard look at this latest stunt. Child endangerment is grounds for the government to step in and take custody of the children. Another sad episode in this ongoing saga.
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    The baby must have just expressed to Michael his disappointment in "Invincible."
  9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

when is the big, impromptu protest parade?
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Did he try to kill a baby or what?
  11. No, he was trying to show off the kid and it slipped. Good thing he caught though, otherwise *giuck*

I really hope that kid will be alright, I don't think Mike is the best person to be a father, though I'm sure he's overjoyed to be so. I do feel kind of bad that he's going to be hearing about this for the rest of his life, and the kids too. Still, its not like this is entirely uncommon (not the whole kid being dangled over a balcony bit) but young kids get themselves into all kinds of dangerous situations, crushed between tractor trailers, in wells, having glass doors fall on them. I'm not saying what MJ did was responsible, but I think many young parents have had to deal with their kids getting into dangerous situations, its not as if Jacko is by this incident alone a horrible parent.
  12. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    So how exactly is this the FIRST clue that Jack is in no condition to raise a child? He butchered his own face because of "imperfections", what do you think happens if that kid is five and Jacko decides the boy doesn't meet his expectations? I think Michaels best move would be to put himself out of his and our misery. Maybe the posthumous attention will boost record sales
  13. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
  14. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I've been on a Jazz singing tour for the past 3 days, just got today.. This morning I picked Up a paper in the Hotel where I was staying and that was the first thing I saw.. I was very disturbed by it
  15. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I think Social Services should take the kids until he gets help. That is not irresponsible anymore... that's just plain stupid.
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Another TV interlude here. MJ must've gotten baby holding lessons from an episode of "Murphy Brown".

I mean: "C'Mon Man! They're kids! You gotta HUG 'em!" "They're not Props!"
  17. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    do you see how he is holding the baby.. with one arm.. and its not even a good grip.....
  18. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Twas a bad move, but i dont think he did it.

Jackson was inside his hotel room and outside, 6 floors down beneath the balcony his fans were chanting. At which stage he came onto the balcony with the baby, looking in distress. He then Lifted the baby over the balconry rail *twice* banging its legs against the rail both times. All the while holding the baby in one arm and covering its face with a towel/cloth. Ater shouts from the fans below he hastily went back inside.m All through this he appeared to be in distress, almost pain.

Thats what happened.

*****Drugs are bad.*****

Also, have you noticed his child is very very light skinned? He always claims he had a skin dissorder. If this is true, then would it be passed onto his child? and would the effect be as apparent?
  19. After I saw the footage last night on the news, I have to agree with Xavier and Gabu 100%. Some offical agency should take ALL his kids away from him at least until he has some kind of psychological evaluation. That child could have very easily fallen to its death! What would Michael have done then?
    Cry on T.V. and then write a song dedicated to his late son? One of the newscasters said that it was a stupid move on Jacko's part. I don't think it was a stupid move, I think it was a blatant disregard for the child's life! They say most people that eventually commit suicide or murder actually do or say something indicating their future intentions.*

Forget all his surgery and how weird everyone says he is. Just treat him like anyone that apparently has little regard for the safety of a child - any child.

I rarely vent like this, but, I honestly think he's cracking up! Get him help.

Mike J.
    * I'm no expert, I just remember what psychologists have said after Colombine and other similar tradgedies.