Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jackson Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by password, Jul 30, 2002.

1. password

password

Jul 28, 2002
    Are jackson basses any good. I have never heard of them and was wondering if they are good hard rock basses. A man called me from our guitar store and he said he is getting in 5 new 5 strings. they supposely retail for 499 but he is selling them for 279.

So what do ya'll think.

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Well, they make absolutely wonderful guitars (got a sweet performer series w/ seymour duncans.) Basses though, i've never heard anything about them either way, and never played one either. Although it seems like the quality would translate, remember: gibson basses (shudder.)

Give it a try, you might like it.

3. sleazylenny

sleazylenny

Jun 20, 2002
    Mpls, MN
    I've got an "old school" Jackson 5. The kind with the pointy, heavy-metal style headstock. It sounds pretty good for hard rock. A buddy of mine who played bass for Stuck Mojo had one that sounded great. As for the new "concert series" basses, I don't care to much for them.

4. Jacksons were big back in the 80's.

They are good for metal and hard rock.

some people still use them, but they aren't as common as they used to be.

Beefcake the Mighty used one on the last GWAR tour.

5. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    i'v got a more modern jackson c5p. I can tell you right now that you DON'T WANNA BUY THIS BASS!!!! I liked it at first, but i was also learning to play, and didn't have any idea what a bass *should* feel like or how it should respond. I can't stand the thing now, especially the unusably floppy/sloppy/crappy b string. I like to use lighter guage strings and this bass won't cut it. I do like their guitars though...