1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jackson Brown's Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SJLee, Sep 13, 2010.

1. SJLee

SJLee

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I saw Jackson Brown last night at Wolftrap and David Lindley is now my new favorite guitarist. What a pleasure to hear him. I was expecting to see Lee Sklar but there was someone else playing bass. The guy did a fantastic job. Anyone know who it is?

2. Most likely Kevin McCormick, who has been co-producing Jackson's recent CD's. GREAT player.

I LOVE the new live CD with David Linley. No bass on the CD, but just amazing performances with various Spanish artists. Wonderful.

If you want a good dose of McCormick's playing, the CD 'Naked Ride Home' is excellent.

I don't think Leland has toured or played with Jackson in decades. He is currently doing the 'Section' reunion tour with James Taylor and Carol King. For the most part, he has been gigging with Phil Collins for a number of years.

3. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    I haven't seen Jackson's latest tour, but Bob Glaub has also been known to tour with JB.

4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Kevin McCormick was also Melissa Etheridge's bass player for several years and was on her first several albums, some as producer. Beautiful, tasty bass lines.

P.S. Rob Allen, a much respected bass builder on TB, was her guitarist on at least one tour.

BritFunk likes this.
  5. I didn't realize that was the same player. Man, his MM tone on those early Etheridge CD's is to DIE for. GREAT player.

And... Rob Allen!!!! Cool. I love his instruments but had no idea he played guitar at that level. Wow! Are you sure that's the same Rob Allen?

6. SJLee

SJLee

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Kevin played like a champ!

7. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Yes, there is an interview somewhere where he talks about his early years as a guitarist. As a pro player he played guitars that he built, you can recognize the headstock. He had one solo album, Mysterious Measures, you cab find it on eBay, and see the signature headstock on the cover.

While on the Etheridge tour I believe Kevin McCormick was still her bass player. Kinda cool, Rob and Kevin McCormick together.

http://www.chacramusic.com/allen.htm

8. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
  9. Cool. Thanks for the info.

10. the bass player could also be jorge calderone as he's been both the bass player for lindley's el-rayo x projects as well as having done jb tours in the past.

11. SJLee

SJLee

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I believe it was Kevin McCormick after seeing photos and watching him on YouTube.

12. greeneyedstone

greeneyedstone

May 11, 2011
    1st post ever on here I don't play just love 2 listen. Kevin McCormick is the man I credit with making ME a star. the 1st four albums have his signature sound all over them, with my favorite being "Brave and Crazy" he just rolls the bass line and solo like thunder. Her music turned to crap after he left. Oh well Browne's gain! Keep rockin Kevin! I love your playing 2nd only to John Deacon of Queen!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021