1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

jackson cbx or js3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cliff em all, Aug 6, 2012.

1. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
  2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I like the JS version better myself. With the ellifson ones your paying for name endorsement in part. The pups and preamp are your basic emg hz and pre like on tons of other basses for the most part. Good, however the pups and preamp on the JS series is better for more agressive, crunchy voice to me. The extra frets are nice to. As to body wood, I notice cedro helps mids in a way similiar to cedar like found on some classical guitars etc. Not exactly the same but has the char reminder to me. I also noticed this on the jackson guitars using cedro. Is nice body wood imo. Try both if you can. Fretwork etc is imo equal and excellent on both.

BaltoNealio and filler83 like this.
  3. goblincko

goblincko

Nov 1, 2012
    Hi guys, im thinking of buying a Jackson cbx 5 sting. Im just worried about plastic bridge. What do you think about that?
    My 1st post btw :spit:

4. bri450r

bri450r

Jan 14, 2012
    Greensburg, PA
    I like my cbx-v better than my Schecter Damien Elite-5 and my ESP LTD B-415sm.

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if your the same guy who just posted on the JCF, IT IS NOT PLASTIC :rollno:

BaltoNealio likes this.