1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jackson Custom Shop bass price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by derrick007, Sep 29, 2008.

1. derrick007

derrick007

Aug 14, 2008
    Dallas Texas
    I want a jackson CMG concert bass in black with red binding, and a reverse headstock. other than those two things, just a standard CMG Concert bass. so how much do you think jackson custom shop would charge me for that?

2. Enmesarra

Enmesarra

Apr 29, 2007
    Turkey
    That would mean spending at least 2000-3000 dollars in a totally unnecessary way, IMO.

I have a '93 Jackson Concert V and it's one of the best basses that Jackson ever made. But regardless, it hardly deserves 3000$ in terms of playability, weight, tone and everything. I don't think a custom shop Jackson bass would differ much since Jackson excels at electric guitars and the quality of the basses they have built have gone down in years.

You can easily have the red binding done by a luthier. Reverse headstock is not that easy to get done, but you can buy a standart CMG body and have a luthier build a custom neck for you, that still would turn out way cheaper than a custom shop Jackson.

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Enmesarra said it correctly. If you want a CMG, but in black with red binding, to be an "official" jackson unit, yep a ton of customshop money.

I just bought a 87 Charvel B3, the neckthru active predecessor of the Concert/CMG to compliment my Jackson TBX. it is red, no binding, but if I chose to have it done up like you wanted, it would still be less cost to have it repainted, and bound even though it is a neckthru than going to the customshop for 4 grand and a 10 month wait.

b.t.w. theres a hell of a nice CMG on ebay green burst for 680 bucks....

there are other pictures of the TBX in other threads, but here it is here so you can see black with white binding:

jackbird.