1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jackson ex concert bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reaper138, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Reaper138

Reaper138

Jan 10, 2009
    sorry if this bass has been posted before. theres a used jackson ex concert bass in my local guitar center for 200 bucks. my question is are these basses any good, and would it be worth the 200 bucks? i checked it out, and its pretty beat up, so im guessing thats why its so cheap. what do you guys think? would it be worth it, or should i keep looking around?

2. Reaper138

Reaper138

Jan 10, 2009
    i meant to add above, i've done some research on this particular bass, and i cant seem to find anything on it, so im guessing its discontinued? its not on the jackson website or anything. i have however had my eye on the c20 concert bass although that is pretty cheap too. any information on these two basses would be greatly appreciated!

3. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Here's a review I found on Harmony Central, which deems it to be a pretty great bass:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Jackson/Concert+EX+Pro/10/1

Also, this TBer seems to have posted it on the classifieds a couple years ago, and was selling it for $300 with the OHSC:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3766355#post3766355

So if it's in okay condition, I'd say $200 is pretty good deal. But I'd also wait around until the TBer "amimbari" hits up this thread, he's an expert when it comes to Jacksons :p

EDIT: I forgot to ask you, is the one you saw at Guitar Center EX "Pro"? Because the Harmony Central review is for the EX Pro...so if it's not, disregard the link for that :bag:

4. Reaper138

Reaper138

Jan 10, 2009
    thanks for the info! the one i saw at GC was the EX Pro, and the review helped a lot. im gonna have to go play it and see what i think. i know it's in rough shape just from holding it and looking at it, so i dont know if its even worth it yet. but anyway thanks again.

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I love Charvel Jacksons, and if it had a solid neck and the electronics worked, I'd snag it up if I already didn't have 8 other C/J's here :D. the pro series was mid 90's good quality stuff from Japan like Fender-Japan's quality units.