1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

jackson js3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringSlaughtr, Feb 22, 2013.

1. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

Feb 26, 2012
    Michigan
    i've got a 4 string jackson js3, and i've been getting some buzz from the low e , the buzzing isnt too noticeable at all when im plugged in and cranked up, however its very noticeable when not turned up on the amp , or when im not plugged in at all, since i've got this buzz , it seems the tone of the e string has changed too...the best way it sounds is....hollow i guess, the string doesnt have much low end thump , i just purchased it about a month and a half ago, and the shop i got it from gave me a free set up ( its set for a half step down) and its got a set of med-light ghs bass boomers on it (45-100) i guess im just looking for possible solutions , how should i go about raising the saddle maybe just a hair?, if i mess with any saddles does it affect intonation etc. its a great bass i love the feel of it..but it lacks the low end thumpin bass that i need,that e is just hollow sounding....:scowl:

2. bri450r

bri450r

Jan 14, 2012
    Greensburg, PA
    Maybe try some different, heavier strings.