Jackson USA Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by corrosiontrav, Feb 21, 2006.

1. corrosiontrav

Sep 9, 2005
    I found this MIA Jackson bass I may pick up. Bad thing is I won't be able to play it.

Anyone got one like it? What are some thoughts on these?

2. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    Likes pretty nice.

Why won't you be able to play it?
  3. i'm not a fan of custom paint like that, but i would totally rock hot pink flames.

and its got a bassline humbucker in it... so jackson, humbucker, pink flames, i'd go for it.

but why cant you play it? and how much will it run you?
  4. I remember those. Jackson made them for a time in the late '90's as a bass version of Scott Ian's signature model. It has a medium (32 ins.) scale length.

Never played one but I saw S.O.D. live and their bassist used one. If I remember correctly, the flames change colour with movement, like Spector's 'holoflash' finish.
  5. corrosiontrav

Sep 9, 2005
    The guy I'd be buying form lives a few states away so I won't be able to try it out.

I'd be getting it for $425 shipped to me, it's a USA custom so I don't think I'd have a problem getting that if I hated it.

I'm checking on the scale length right now, I've only ever had whatever scale Fenders are.
  6. Kevdel

Kevdel Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2005
    I haven't played one of those models, but I had two, and still have one, USA Jackson concert bass from the early eighties that were made when Jackson was still a small, stand alone company. Grover made a great bass! The one I still own is a neck through with EMG-P's in it. The fit and finish is excellent! I'd go for it!
  7. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Please get it. And if you don't like it, PM me, and I'll work it out so you don't lose any money. :)
  8. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    If I remember correctly, that model is 32" scale.