Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jaco Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James reeve5, May 15, 2003.

1. This isn't a bass that I am selling, but someone better buy it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2530844053&category=38079

I saw it on E-Bay after I placed my order for my "Super Jaco." A fretless Modulus Genesis VJ with rear routed controls, sunburst body, Maple fretboard (not Jaco...more a "Jameso" preference), villex pickups, badass II bridge and a satin finish (another Jameso preference). Modulus is even leaving the plate underneath controls on for me!
    It's got the characteristics of the Jaco relic bass, without having the stigma of being an "exact replica."

Note: Diehard bass people on here, please don't give me crap for the "Jameso" references... It is all in good fun. :p

2. JFN

JFN Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know if that thing is for real, what is in it (PUP's, etc), or how it compares with the regular Jaco and/or relic. I hadn't heard of any limited edition Jaco custom shop basses being made in 1990.

I have been trying to get one of the Jaco Artist series basses, but can't find one anywhere. Every two weeks, Musician's Friend pushes back the availability date by another two weeks.

John

3. your description.. doesnt match the auction?!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The seller on that auction is a TB member and that bass has been listed here.

5. Microbass...I was giving you a description of what I ordered...not what was on the ebay site! sorry for the confusion! :meh:

6. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I own a production Jaco, gotta say its starting to become my main axe even though I'm not much of a fretless player. I don't know about the CS ones but if they're anything like the the production one, its SWEET! About not being to find a Jaco production bass, go to your local Sam Ash (maybe Guitar Center), the guys at my local Sam Ash called in to Fender for some strange parts for my bass that they didn't have and they didn't even charge me extra for custom ordering...