Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

jaco (brian melvin trio) 'standards zone'

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by andysvec, Sep 21, 2004.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    I admit it, I used to buy all the jaco bootlegs I could find every time I went to Japan for work. But this cd stood out, a studio recording and some great playing by jaco (my favorite is 'days of wine & roses' nice version).
    Anyway, I lent 'standards zone' to someone last year and it was never returned to me, I still have my cd cover and case for this one, just no cd. I've tried everywhere to buy another one (audiophile was listing it but out of stock for some time) and I even was in Japan last week and didn't find it. Anyone want to burn me a copy of this and I can trade you something else?

2. On a sidenote, I think that Jaco's work with the Brian Melvin Trio showcases some of the best bass playing by him. "So What" smokes, as do many other B.M.T./Jaco tunes. If you haven't heard any of these recordings, you owe it to yourself to give a listen.