Jaco Documentary

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassestkkm, Mar 2, 2018.

1. I couldn't figure out how to categorize my thoughts into a subsection so I am putting it here for now.

Last night I watched the Jaco documentary on Netflix that was made by his family and Mr. Trujillo. All I can say is wow. I was incredibly moved, terribly saddened, and very very fortunate that they were able to celebrate the best part's of Jaco's life in the film.

I've been listening to Jaco for a lot longer than I've known who he was. And though I've never known him personally, his music is his soul and personality out on record for everyone to hear, and more importantly to feel. The things he's done for the bass can only be described as a huge personal sacrifice. But its also a good reminder for how lucky we as musicians are to have a form of expression. I may not be able to draw to save my life, but if I had to play out my emotions I can pick up my bass and do that with the skill I have acquired so far.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts. It was a really good film and I'm glad I stayed up a little later than usual to watch it.

If any of you have more recommendations for documentaries like this I'd be open to suggestions. And not necessarily just for music. Its important to know as much about our past to be able to guide our future too.

DrThumpenstein and Joshua like this.