Jaco.... formal wear?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jammadave, Sep 16, 2005.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Just wondered about this....

Last night I was out buying a suit, and one of the pairs of pants I was looking at (can't remember the brand) had on its info tag:

"Style: Jaco P"

along with the rest (sizes, etc).

Just thought I'd share and see if anybody had any thoughts.

2. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    and they were suit pants? thats strange... maybe a coincidence? :eyebrow:
  3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Yep, suit pants.
  4. dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Didn't you know? Shortly before his demise, he designed a line of men's clothing, just like P. Diddy with his "Sean Jean" line.
    Just kidding... sorry.
    But I have to give credit for finding a way to start another Jaco thread so soon!
  5. junerig

Sep 12, 2005
    That's funny...I've always noticed Jaco's pants to have very high waists.Like on the 'Shadows and Light' DVD - those are definitely from some kind of cocktail suit! Were the ones you tried on the same style?
  6. wow, hahaha, you gave me quite a scare!
  7. I think that was just the style at the time. I doubt you can even get pants that fit like that anymore :(. But on a related topic, I remember going to the mall a while ago. A friend of my girlfriend worked at this stupid trendy store where all the jeans cost 140 dollars and have holes pre-ripped in them (***?). They had a pair of jeans there with a huge tag on them that said "HENDRIX". Stupid cause most of the dumbasses who shop there probably don't know who Hendrix is but they still buy the pants. hahahaha, trendy people suck
  8. Kinda like Von Dutch, the airbrusher. Old time gearheads know Von was a seminal air brush artist, kids buy Von Dutch hats with no clue. Reality stranger thah fiction.

Unfortunately, Jaco P pants would have had to have a slept in overnight look. God rest his tormented Soul.
  9. ^I was wondering about those Dutch hats! I always hated those things because I had no clue what they meant and neither did anyone who wears them. I actually asked this girl in my high school and she couldn't explain it, just look like a dumbass.