Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jaco Fretless Came In, New Family Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Nov 5, 2005.

1. I traded my MIA Sunset Orange Pbass in (plus cash)for this Jaco Sig about 90 days ago. It just came in this morning.

First impressions...its very beautiful...compfy and feels great unplugged. The neck is smooth and slim and a delight to run your fingers on..i havent had the chance to plug it in yet...so ill get back to you on that.
    Came with alot of case candy and the vintage case is very nice as well.

The is the 2nd non-Ric bass i have received with 2 weeks...i think the Ric's are getting annoyed. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

L to R: MIA Hot-Rod P-bass, Steve Harris Sig, Jaco Sig, Geddy Lee Sig.
    [​IMG]

The Ol Ric Family: 2002 Fireglo 4003, 2004 CheyenneII 4004, 2004 Jetglo Fretless 4003, 1986 Silver 4003.
    [​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    the 2004 cheyenne is crazy.

3. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    I hate you........ just a little bit.

The rics are prolly gett'n jealous- does this constitute a new ric?
    I think so ;)

4. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    freakin awesome collection man.

5. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    2004 CheyenneII 4004=MUST STOP LOOKING AT PICTURE.......head spinning.......cant buy a wood bass........pretty......might be getting g.a.s again..........stop dont look directly at it........tooooooooooooooooooooooooo late......must turn away now. that might be the prettiest bass i've seen ric do. how does it sound? what am i saying, all rics sound good!!!

6. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Where'd the sunset orange transparent go?!? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

7. I dig your family, Aces, but of course you already knew that, heh.

8. Lol, dont even joke about that...i would like to think im at my limit with basses. And in a way i hope Ric dont come up with a fretless 4004 or i would be in trouble...or my bank account rather.

I wasnt using it...it was just sitting around...i really did love it...it was an excellent P-bass. But i wanted something different, and something that i could find myself playing more often...so i used it as trade in for the Jaco.
    Wherever it is now...i hope its in a good home and being used.

Attached Files:

9. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Wow, very nice collection of basses. :)

Congrats on the Jaco. :cool:

10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Very cool. You have three signature models of three of my favorites. Nice family!

11. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I owned one of those in the near past, but I swapped it into an Ibanez Gary Willis fretless. It vas a nice bass though. I swapped the pickups to Sadowsky humcancelling and the bridge to a badass 2.

[​IMG]

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    God damn.

Everytime I see your gear pictures I just cry.

13. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    damn, i want one of those jaco sig's soooo bad..... :crying:

14. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Me too! But since funds are a little tight...I settled on a CIJ 62 RI Fretless (the middle one in the photo). Glad I did....damn good bass!

[​IMG]

15. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    yeah i was looking at that one, whats the difference...other than yours being made in japan?
    how much did that one cost you? :hyper:

16. Damn that's a nice family. Mine consists of a Geddy Jazz, a Jazz Bass 24 and on Monday my Dirnt Sig should be in and after that my Sterling some time before Christmas. How is the Jaco?? Think one of those could be next to join my family.

17. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    i hate you soo much that i love you, B'Aces High! thats a STUNNING collection! you have my favorite basses, Rics and Fenders! :D

grats on your Jaco bass! :bassist: :cool:

18. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Man i want that Steve Harris sig, I hate fender every day because they discontinued that. :crying:

19. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The finger board is rosewood and not coated. Mine cost me $716US total (bass and shipping). There is a Jaco CIJ version which I just found out about, not sure the cost.