Jaco 'Invitation' album cover

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MatW, Sep 14, 2000.

1. MatW

May 10, 2000
    UK, Swindon

I have a rather weird question. I'm quite keen on getting a print of the "expressionist" style album cover of Jaco's 'Invitation' (you know, the one where he's holding a parasol or something). I think it be great to hang above my fireplace.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to get a copy? Warner Bros.?

Apologies, if this is a little off topic but I figured it would reach a wide selection of Jaco fans.

2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Do what I did(really)...
    I saved /captured the album cover from http://www.towerrecords.com
    & use it as my desktop(tiled)at home.
    I still have the album(vinyl)& I have been wanting to frame it(like I've done with other album/magazine "art" I like).
    Weird...someone else besides me likes that cover.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    And we know there aren't that many Jaco fans hanging out in Off-Topic, right? ;)

You might want to contact Jaco's estate. His family has formed a company to market Jaco merchandise. I suppose they could steer you in the right direction.

Will C.:cool:
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey now! There's at least one BIG Jaco fan in OT..... :D

...and the Big Wheel's advice is good stuff, if such a thing is available, that's where you'll find it.
  5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
  6. Gosh, I would just take my album down to the local digital copy place and have them blow it up on a large piece of acid free paper, matte it and hang it!

And before any of you folks light into me about copyright infringement, this doesn't apply. To actually infringe on a copyright of this type you must copy it for something other than personal use. You can't sell your copy or copies and you can't cause the image to be desiminated like putting it on a website without permission. You also cannot use the image in a work for sale where the major portion of the value of that work is derived from the image.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Well, we weren't gonna say anything, but since you mentioned it... :D

Will C.:cool: