1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaco: Live in NYC - Vol.2

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Apr 12, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I just bought this album today. Would someone please tell me it is awful, and I'm not missing anything?!! I put it in my CD drive to listen to it for the first time, and right at the end of the 1-minute-17-second version of "Wipeout", my drive managed to do this to the disk:

[​IMG]

DANG IT! D@MN DISK DRIVE! :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm sorry to tell you that I have Volume 2 and I like it. But I don't care much for that first tune at all, it's the worst song on the CD imo, the rest of the songs are much better.

3. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Aww! Don't tell me that! The first song is all I got to hear. :(

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Looks like Jaco's ghost got into your disc-drive:D
    I have all of Jaco's N.Y.C. boots, and I find something I dig on most of them.......but I sure Jaco never wanted them released.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm no fan of any of these Jaco Live In NYC discs...
    I like the concept: Jaco jamming on classic R&B/Jazz tunes in a very loose environment. Not a good period in Jaco's life, though.
    I recall buying Volumes 1 & 2 as I was about to depart on a 5-hour road trip. I had my Sony Discman & was psyched. Both cds disappointed me.
    IMHO, you're not missing out on anything.

About your damaged cd-
    The same thing happened to Disc #2 of my Corea box set...& this was before everyone had a burner, too.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've never seen a drive that could do that. Weird. Your not using "drive" as a euphemism for "sledge hammer" right? ;) At any rate, I liked them more than Jim, but less than zombywoof5050 I think.

7. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I don't suppose any of you that have this CD would want to burn me a copy, would they? :D

8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    It is awful, and Your not missing anything.

AJ

9. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I agree with the Jaco ghost. These CDs MUST be played in a stereo and not a computer....

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!! :D