Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jaco on a Quilt!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pointbass, Mar 13, 2005.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My wife is a very talented doll artist (shameless plug www.members.aol.com/bunnygoode , sorry) and two weeks ago she was exhibiting at a quilt show in Central Jersey (no, not like a quilt top bass, you know, the real quilts). I'm wandering around this show kind and what do I see but this
    quilt with an image of Jaco quilted into it! I'm thinking to myself, "Is it possible some quilter somewhere is so into Jaco that they made this beautiful thing in his likeness?"' I'm telling you, this quilt is beautiful and the photo below doesn't do it any justice.

To top it off, the quilt maker has written this on a plaque next to the quilt:

(Quote)
    "The God of Bass"
    A shimmering riff, a barrage of harmonics, the magic of a bass singing in a voice previously unknown. The legendary bass player, lost from this world too soon by violence, but survived by his music, his genius. All head and hands. His bass, his heart.
    The notes ring on, the music crossing over into the continuum. (End Quote)

The quilt was beautiful and the words beautiful as well. My thanks to Anne M. Huskey-Lockard from Peru, Indiana for her incredible talent. If anyone knows her, thank her from me!

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Very cool.

3. Desi

Desi

Jan 11, 2005
    I want that quilt, man. :bassist:

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That's SO awesome! Oh man. I want it.

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    All of a sudden that lady gets called by about 50-100 different TB members asking to order a quilt similar to that. ;)

6. Incredible art, there. :)

And much more valuable than Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich :D