1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jaco Pastorius - Chromatic Fantasy (Bass Cover)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by villis, Jan 18, 2016.

1. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    Bass cover of "Chromatic Fantasy" from Jaco pastorius from album Word of Mouth
    i rec my bass through my bass head ebs td650 and from my camera's mic
    Hope you guys will enjoy it!
    Follow me on Facebook :
    BASS Covers
    Artist: Jaco Pastorius
    Song :Chromatic Fantasy
    Album : Word of Mouth
    Bass: Nexus Shinning III

gebass6 likes this.
  2. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Pretty AWESOME!!!! Can you have the video without the artsie-fartsie colors so we can see your playing, other than that KILLER job on the playing.

villis likes this.
  3. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    oh i am really sorry for that man! i do it from the programm directly and i cant change it now! i made it that way cause of the title of the sng! ia m really sorry again! You can also check plenty of my videos and bass covers in my youtube channel!
    villis kabas

4. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Oh, what a lovely song.

villis likes this.
  5. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    Thank you very much my friend! i tried not to distroy it too much! haha!

Flaked Beans likes this.
  6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    I played a couple of sets with a guy from greece (two basses) at Drom nyc and he was quite good on his custom 5 string bass. His name was Panagiotis I think and he lives in New York too.

villis likes this.
  7. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    HAHAH!! i know him, he is incredible bass player! Panagiotis Andreou!

8. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Exactly!

villis likes this.
  9. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley

Hey no need to apologize, I just want to say once again you are a incredible player.

villis and pacojas like this.
  10. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    Thank you so so much my friend!! I really want you to see a couple of my other videos in youtube and give me your feedback! sorry for my english by the way!i am working on them!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  11. That was pretty fantastic. How long did it take you to work that up? Supposedly Jaco couldn't even play it at speed. Rumor has it he recorded it slower and sped up the recording for the album. Fantastic Job!

villis likes this.
  12. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    Thank you so so much! i study Jaco for many years! I am still using this song for my daily exersice pallette at a very low tempo!

13. If anyone who watches that hasn't/didn't check out his channel you should. Your covers are pretty great. Really like all the Dream Theater (Ytse and Under a Glass Moon are my favorites), and your Donna Lee is enviable. What do you work on technique wise? I noticed you are very consistent with a light touch. How did you develop that?​

villis likes this.

14. I had to post this. This is as good as anything i have seen on bass the world. You should be playing with Federico Malaman in his duet series!

villis likes this.
  15. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    How many thank you must say now? your words are touching very deep strings in my heart!I am trying to play and have my left hand very relaxed! i am trying to keep my fingers as close as possible to the fingerboard without squizzing them (if you know what i mean)! i do my daily exersices very very slow this help me a lot when i am trying to speed up in a band situiation! By the way i am uploading every thyrsday a new bass cover in my youtube channel and facebook page! stay tune! thanks again!

16. Thank you for the posts, and don't worry, I am subscribed to your channel now. I look forward to more!

villis likes this.
  17. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    Thank you very much again!

18. villis

villis

Mar 20, 2012
    Greece (Xanthi)
    Everyone who might like bass covers can check my youtube channel! thank you all!
    villis kabas

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021